Monday 19 March 2012

The Business Editorial - How, Why and What

Electronics Engineer à Journalist à Content Manager à Corporate Communications Professional
I am probably the only person in the world to have trodden this particular career path. To say the least, the corporate environment of an IT Services company was unfamiliar territory. My primary task was to facilitate Employee Engagement, which until then was something I had never even heard of. To navigate this realm, I had some very basic and highly effective tools – free thinking, common sense, an ability to make logical inferences, and a distrust of clichéd management texts that seem to restrict your thoughts in a way some stranger finds best.  
The best thing that happened to my career here is the responsibility of writing an editorial – a daily thought leadership blog - for the company newsletter. That’s right, every working day the entire company was presented with my thoughts on business, people, and everything that connects the two. I organize the information which I had assimilated - from what I could think up, read about from thoughtful sources, or pick up from casual conversations with some good people – and publish those, . And it worked! ‘The Editorial’ remains a very popular communication channel to reach the employees of our organization, around the world.
Then I realized that what I held in my hands was a treasure trove of unbridled thought leadership material. I decided to open it up for the good of men and women around the world who need some help in making sense of what they do in their careers.
So how regular will I be in updating this? I write one blog post every working day for my company newsletter. My promptness needs no further proof. And on my blog, I don’t have the shackles of whether something is ‘appropriate for a corporate audience’. So let’s make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment